A Hands-On Guide to
Massage Therapy Insurance

A Brief Introduction to Massage Therapy Insurance

While malpractice and liability concerns are the main issues to worry about, massage therapists may have property they need to protect, especially if they rent or own an office space. If this applies to you, you may consider purchasing a Business Owner's Policy (BOP). This policy combines Property Insurance, which safeguards your office and material goods, and General Liability Insurance, which covers legal expenses related to accidental third-party injuries (we'll discuss that in more detail later). A BOP can cost as little as $500 to $800 a year, but prices vary depending on your business's specific details.

If you're a massage therapist who doesn't own or rent an office and doesn't own an expansive collection of antique massage tables, Property Insurance may not be high on the priority list. But every message therapist should carry Malpractice coverage. Learn why in the next chapter.

Next: Types of Massage Liability (and the Insurance That Helps You Manage Them)

Grab-n-Go Information

Free eBook
HIPAA, Social Media, and Technology: A Guide for Mental Health Professionals
Browse eBook
Sample certificates
See a sample Certificate of Liability Insurance, the proof of coverage you need for most contracts.
View Sample
Sample Quotes & Cost Estimates
See what insurance really costs: actual quotes by policy & specialty.
Get Estimates
Ask A Question
Submit your questions about small business insurance and get answers from our experts.
Read Answers